Guyue (Grace) Liu
Welcome! I’m Guyue Liu, a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science, George Washington University. I am part of the Cloud Systems Lab and my advisor is Prof. Timothy Wood. Prior to joining GWU, I received my B.S. from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications and Queen Mary University of London in 2012.
- Networking, Distributed Systems, Cloud Systems
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Edge Computing
- June-2018: I will be spending the summer at Microsoft Research - Cambridge.
- May-2018: Our work Microboxes has been accepted to SIGCOMM 2018, see you in Budapest!
- Apr-2018: Our paper on scalable memory reclamation has won the Best Student Paper Award of RTAS 2018!
- May-2017: ONVM-Multi has been accepted to KBNets 2017! Try our onvm-snort.
- Aug-2016: NetAlytics and SDNFV have been accepted to Middleware 2016, see you in Trento!
- May-2016: OpenNetVM has been accepted to HotMiddlebox 2016, I will be presenting it in Brazil!
- Apr-2016: I will be doing a 2016 Summer Internship at Hewlett Packard Labs.
- Mar-2016: I will be presenting our work NetAlytics at AT&T Research Academic Summit.
- Microboxes: High Performance NFV with Customizable, Asynchronous TCP Stacks and Dynamic Subscriptions. Guyue Liu, Yuxin Ren, Mykola Yurchenko, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Timothy Wood. ACM SIGCOMM, August 2018.
- Scalable Memory Reclamation for Multi-Core, Real-Time Systems. Yuxin Ren, Guyue Liu, Gabriel Parmer, Björn Brandenburg. IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), April 2018. (Best Student Paper Award)
- Design Challenges for High Performance, Scalable NFV Interconnects. Guyue Liu, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Mike Schlansker, Jean Tourrilhes, Timothy Wood. Workshop on Kernel-Bypass Networks (KBNets co-located with SIGCOMM’17), August 2017.
- Netalytics: Cloud-Scale Application Performance Monitoring with SDN and NFV. Guyue Liu, Michael Trotter, Yuxin Ren, Timothy Wood. ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware 2016, Dec 2016.
- SDNFV: Flexible and Dynamic Software Defined Control of an Application- and Flow-Aware Data Plane. Wei Zhang, Guyue Liu, Ali Mohammadkhan, Jinho Hwang, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Timothy Wood. ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware 2016, Dec 2016.
- OpenNetVM: A Platform for High Performance Network Service Chains. Wei Zhang, Guyue Liu, Wenhui Zhang, Neel Shah, Phillip Lopreiato, Gregoire Todeschi, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Timothy Wood. Workshop on Hot Topics in Middleboxes and Network Function Virtualization (HotMiddlebox co-located with SIGCOMM’16), August 2016.
- Protocols to Support Autonomy and Control for NFV in Software Defined Networks. Ali Mohammadkhan, Guyue Liu, Wei Zhang, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Timothy Wood. IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization & Software Defined Networks (IEEE NFV-SDN), Nov 2015.
- NetDefense: Scalable, Flexible and Efficient DDoS Prevention with SDN and NFV. Guyue Liu, Timothy Wood. Workshop on Supporting Diversity in Systems Researches (Diversity co-located with SOSP’15), October 2015.
- CloudNet: Dynamic Pooling of Cloud Resources by Live WAN Migration of Virtual Machines. Timothy Wood, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Prashant Shenoy, Jacobus Van der Merwe, Jinho Hwang, Guyue Liu, Lucas Chaufournier. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, October 2015.
- Towards a Software-Based Network: Integrating Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization. Timothy Wood, K. K. Ramakrishnan, Jinho Hwang, Grace Liu, and Wei Zhang. IEEE Networks Magazine, June 2015.
- NetAlytics: Flexible and Dynamic Network Analysis Framework. Guyue Liu, Timothy Wood. Poster in Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI’15 Poster), May 2015.
- SDNFV: Towards a Flexible and Dynamic Smart Data Plane. Wei Zhang, Guyue Liu, Ali Mohammadkhan, Jinho Hwang, K.K. Ramakrishnan, Timothy Wood. Poster in Symposium on Networked System Design and Implementation (NSDI’15 Poster), May 2015.
- Virtual Function Placement and Traffic Steering in Flexible and Dynamic Software Defined Networks. Ali Mohammadkhan, Sheida Ghapani, Guyue Liu, Wei Zhang, K. K. Ramakrishnan and Timothy Wood. IEEE International Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN15), April 2015.
- Cloud-Scale Application Performance Monitoring with SDN and NFV. Guyue Liu, Timothy Wood. IEEE International Workshop on Cloud Analytics (IWCA co-located with IC2E’15), March 2015.
- Topology Discovery & Service Classification for Distributed-Aware Clouds. Jinho Hwang, Guyue Liu, Sai Zeng, Frederick y Wu, Timothy Wood. IEEE International Workshop on Cloud Analytics (IWCA co-located with IC2E’14), March 2014.
- An Adaptive Bandwidth Allocation Algorithm for Live Migration Based on Service Features. Liu Shihai, Sun Yuqing, Liu Guyue. Chinese Journal of Computers, Sept 2013.
- Guest Lecturer, George Washington University, Fall 2015
- Global Environment for Network Innovations (GENI) Tutorial
- Teaching Assistant, George Washington University, Fall 2013 - Spring 2015
- CSCI 2113 Software Engineering
- Teaching Assistant, Stony Brook University, Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
- ESE 123 Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ESE 124 Computer Techniques for Electronic Design I
Awards and Honors
- HP Helion OpenStack Scholarship, Dec 2014
- First Place in 22nd GENI Engineering Conference Competition, Mar 2015
- GWU 2015 SEAS R&D Showcase Finalists, Feb 2015
- IEEE RTAS Best Student Paper Award, Apr 2018
- ACM SIGCOMM Travel Grant, Aug 2014, Aug 2016
- CRA-W Grad Cohort Travel Grant, Apr 2015, Apr 2016
- ACM Travel Grant for attending Diversity’15 and SOSP’15, Oct 2015
- USENIX NSDI Travel Grant for attending NSDI’15, May 2015
- GWU Women Scholarship for attending Grace Hopper’14, Oct 2014
- NSF Student Scholarship for GENI Summer Camp’14, July 2014
- First Class Academic Scholarship of BUPT, Sept 2009, Sept 2011
- Outstanding Student Cadre of BUPT, Sept 2011
- Winner of Summer Research Project in London, July 2011
Guyue Liu@GWU Last updated: Jul 10, 2018